The International Association of Cannabis and Hemp Value Chain Organizations
The American Association of Cannabis and Hemp Value Chain Organizations
The Canadian Association of Cannabis and Hemp Value Chain Organizations
As a part of ensuring that we respect your privacy, Spectrum Arts LLC (“Spectrum,” “we,” or “us”or “Value Chain organizations”) provides the following information for your review and understanding.
1. Our Collection of your Information
The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, contact information, IP addresses, product and service selections and other things that identify you. We collect personal information from you at several different points, including but not limited to the following:
- when we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer;
- when you visit our website or use the Cannabis Connect Platform;
- when you register as an end-user of our services and an account is created for you;
- when you contact us for help;
- when you attend our customer conferences or webinars; and
- when the site sends us error reports or application analytics data.
2. Our Use of your Personal Information
Spectrum Art’s Value Chain organizations may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other websites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business, and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
3. Our Disclosure of your Personal Information to Third Parties
- we may provide your information to affiliated entities within our corporate group, as well as with vendors who perform functions on our behalf; such parties provide hosting and maintenance services, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us;
- third party contractors may have access to our databases. Usually these contractors sign a standard confidentiality agreement;
- we may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase;
- as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to Spectrum Arts; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss; to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or company policies; to enforce our terms and conditions, to protect the security or integrity of our products and services, and
- when you give us consent to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries where the laws on processing personal information may be less stringent than in your country.
Potential for Other Users to Contact You
To the extent that a given application supports personal messaging functionality between and among end users, you may receive personal messages from other end users. You can disable this functionality by using the unsubscribe and other disabling instructions in the given application.
4. Our Security Measures to Protect your Personal Information
Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations uses industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving data exchanged between Spectrum Arts and other companies to help ensure its security. This site has security measures in place to help protect information under the control of our hosting provider, Invision Power Services, from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Also, if this website contains links to other sites, Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations are not responsible for the security practices or the content of such sites.
- Web Beacons. Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations and third parties may also use small pieces of code called “web beacons” or “clear gifs” to collect anonymous and aggregate advertising metrics, such as counting page views, promotion views, or advertising responses. These “web beacons” may be used to deliver cookies that conform to Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations’ cookie requirements.
- Website Links. We may create links to other web sites. We will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorized by Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations may have links leading to our site. Spectrum Arts cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. Since our Value Chain organization websites do not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to others.
6. Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Data (EEA and Switzerland only)
With respect to personal data collected from individuals from the European Economic Area or Switzerland, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations will normally collect personal data from you only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the services you have requested), or (c) where the processing is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests (and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms).
7. Limiting Use, Disclosure, Retention
Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations identify the purposes for which the information is being collected before or at the time of collection. The collection of your personal data will be limited to that which is needed for the purposes identified by Spectrum Arts. Unless you consent, or we are required by law, we will only use the personal data for the purposes for which it was collected. If Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations will be processing your personal data for another purpose later on, Spectrum Arts will seek your further legal permission or consent; except where the other purpose is compatible with the original purpose. We will keep your personal data only as long as required to serve those purposes. We will also retain and use your personal data for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. International Transfers of your Personal data
We are a global company. Information collected from you may be stored and processed in the European Economic Area, the United States or any other country in which Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations or agents or contractors maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. Such countries may have laws which are different, and potentially not as protective, as the laws of your own country.
Whenever we share personal data originating in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, we will rely on lawful measures to transfer that data, such as the Privacy Shield or the EU standard contractual clauses. If you reside in the EEA or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other jurisdictions in which we operate. By providing your personal data, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
9. Accuracy of Personal data
We do our best to ensure that the personal data we hold and use is accurate. We rely on the customers we do business with to disclose to us all relevant information and to inform us of any changes.
10. Your Access to and Updating of your Personal data
Reasonable access to your personal data may be provided upon request made to Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations at the contact information provided below. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, Spectrum Arts will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied. We may charge a reasonable fee in advance for copying and sending the information requested.
If you would like us to delete any personal Data held about you, we will do so upon request unless we need to hold the information as part of the provision of products and services to you.
11. Marketing Communications
We offer those who provide personal contact information a means to choose how we use the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non- transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails.
12. Additional Rights (EEA and Switzerland only)
If you reside in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you may have the right to exercise additional rights available to you under applicable laws, including:
- Right of erasure. You may have a broader right to erasure of personal data that we hold about you. For example, if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations, among other things.
- Right to object to processing. You may have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to restrict processing. You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. For example, where you believe that the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or unlawfully held.
- Right to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to be provided with your personal data in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format and to request that we transfer the personal data to another data controller without hindrance.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact our support team or contact our Data Protection Officer (see our contact details in Section 17 below). We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
You may also have the right to make a GDPR complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here:
If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please contact us using the contact information provided below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases, our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal data for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
13. Notice to End Users
Most of our services are intended for use by organizations. Where the services are made available to you through an organization (e.g. your employer), that organization is the administrator of the services and is responsible for the accounts and/or service over which it has control. Please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the services is subject to that organization’s policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator’s organization, which may be different than this policy.
Administrators may be able to:
- help you exercise the rights described in Section 12 (if applicable);
- allow you to reset your account password;
- restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the services;
- access information in and about your account;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- change your information, including profile information associated with your account; and
- allow you or restrict your ability to edit, restrict, modify or delete information.
Please contact your organization or refer to your administrator’s organizational policies for more information.
14. Children’s Privacy
Because of the nature of our business, our services are NOT designed to appeal to minors, nor do we accept registration by underage members or use of our Cannabis Connect platform services. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from anyone under the age of 18 or older based on the laws of the legal jurisdiction. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us immediately.
15. Your California Privacy Rights (United States only)
Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations do not currently respond to browser “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals or other mechanisms. Third parties may collect personal data about your online activities over time and across sites when you visit the Site or use the Service.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by sending an e-mail to CHvaluechains@gmail.com.
Our site, products, and services are not intended to appeal to minors. However, if you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of our Site or Service, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an e-mail with a detailed description of the specific content or information to CHvaluechains@gmail.com.
Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us may opt-out of our disclosing personal data about them to third parties for their marketing purposes.
17. Contacting Us
For EEA and Swiss Individuals: Privacy Shield Notice for Personal Data Transfers to the United States
“Personal Data” means information that (1) is transferred from the EEA or Switzerland to the United States; (2) is recorded in any form; (3) is about or pertains to a specific individual; and (4) can be linked to that individual.
“Sensitive Personal Information” means personal information that reveals race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or that concerns an individual’s health.
Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations may receive Personal Data from their own personnel and members as well as from its affiliates, resellers, customers, end-users and other parties located in the EEA or Switzerland.
Spectrum Arts is the controller of its own human resources data. In addition, Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations acting as data processors or sub-processors may receive Personal Data via its member and customers. Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations execute data processing agreements with such customers which set out the parties’ obligations and responsibilities to comply with the Principles. Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations will cooperate with its members and customers to enable them to comply with the Principles.
Whenever Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations process Personal Data, Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations comply with the Principles (as each Principle is applicable to Spectrum Art’s role):
2. Choice. Whenever Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations collect Personal Data directly from individuals for marketing purposes, those individuals have the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether their Personal Data is (1) to be disclosed to a third party or (2) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual by contacting our Data Protection Officer via email at CHvaluechains@gmail.com. For Sensitive Personal Information, Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations will give individuals the opportunity to affirmatively or explicitly (opt in) consent to the disclosure of the information to a non-Agent third party or for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. Spectrum Arts shall treat Sensitive Personal Information received from an individual the same as the individual would treat and identify it as Sensitive Personal Information. Agents, technology vendors and contractors of Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations or affiliated companies may have access to an individual’s Personal Data on a need to know basis for the purpose of performing services on behalf of Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations or providing or enabling elements of the Cannabis Connect services. All such agents, technology vendors and contractors who have access to such information are contractually required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations or as otherwise required by law.
3. Accountability for Onward Transfer. Whenever we collect Personal Data directly from individuals, prior to disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we shall notify the individual of such disclosure and allow the individual the choice (opt out) of such disclosure. Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations shall ensure that any third party to which Personal Data may be disclosed agrees in writing to provide the same level of privacy protection as set forth in this policy. Spectrum Art’s Value Chain organizations’ accountability for personal data that it receives in the United States under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations prove that they are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
4. Data Security. We shall take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data on or transmitted via the Internet.
5. Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation. We shall only process Personal Data in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations shall take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
6. Access. We acknowledge the individual’s right to access their Personal Data. We shall allow an individual access to their Personal Data and allow the individual the opportunity to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. Individuals may contact our Data Protection Officer via email at CHvaluechains@gmail.com to request to access, correct, amend, or delete the personal information Spectrum Arts holds about you. In cases where Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations are a Data Sub-Processor or Processor, individuals must contact the Data Processor or the Data Controller, as applicable.
7. Enforcement and Dispute Resolution. With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations are subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations commit to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. EEA and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact us at:
Spectrum Arts LLC
PO Box 152
Still River, MA 01467
a. Human Resources Data. If your complaint involves human resources data transferred to the United States from the EEA or Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship, and Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations do not address it satisfactorily, Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations commit to cooperate with the panel established by the data protection authorities (DPA Panel) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, as applicable and to comply with the advice given by the DPA panel and Commissioner, as applicable with regard to such human resources data. To pursue an unresolved human resources complaint, you should contact the state or national data protection or labor authority in the appropriate jurisdiction. Complaints related to human resources data should not be addressed to the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD.
b. Non-Human Resources Data. Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint was not resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time consistent with the requirements of the Shield Frameworks. We will post any revised policy on this website.
D) Information Subject to Other Policies
We are committed to following the Principles for all Personal Data within the scope of the Privacy Shield Frameworks. However, certain information is subject to policies of Spectrum Arts Value Chain organizations that may differ in some respects from the general policies set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Cannabis Connect, 36 Sconset Circle, Sandwich, Massachusetts, 02563