Ducats & Alms™
A Cannabis Connect™ Gaming System
We have embedded the Ducats and Alms™ gaming system within our Cannabis Connect™ platform. This section covers the basic Game Rules & Game Shop Pavilion objectives. We invite our Members to help us fine tune this unique game and move it towards a more broad-based content and knowledge management system which grows everyones’ knowledge, skills and competencies. In essence, we want the Ducats and Alms™ gaming system to become the C+H industries fun and compelling way to build value for our global member base. Perhaps, in the future, we can convert this gaming system to a crypto-currency? Let us know if you are interested in this huge challenge!
What’s a Ducat?
When members conduct “real work” or convey valuable information or content on Cannabis Connect™ they earn “ducats”. Ducats serve as a monetary base or point system. The historical definition is as follows:
The ducat /ˈdʌkət/ was a gold or silver coin used as a trade coin in Europe from the later medieval centuries until as late as the 20th century. Many types of ducats had various metallic content and purchasing power throughout that period.
We will use the phrase “to earn ducats” as a tongue-in-cheek (i.e. amusing and whimsical) way of accruing points that have value.
What’s an Alm?
When members want to reward other members for a job well done, they can provide alms. Alms serve as a monetary base or point system. The historical definition is as follows:
Alms (/ɑːmz/, /ɑːlmz/) or almsgiving involves giving to others as an act of virtue, either materially or in the sense of providing capabilities (i. e. education).
Our Term for Giving, Sharing, or “Paying” Respect is; “To Give Alms”. We will use the phrase “to give alms” or to “share alms” as a tongue-in-cheek (i.e. amusing and whimsical) way of accruing points that have value
Cannabis Connect Members can:
- Earn points for active participation in our Value Chain community in a large number of unique and creative ways which builds our organizational thought-leadership and Body of Knowledge.
- Redeem points for a variety of Member benefits, prizes and real money!
- Receive awards (medals & trophies) for providing Cannabis and Hemp industry knowledge and Value Chain know-how.
Points Earning System
Ducats are points which are accrued through actions which have value. Ducats are donations. Both Ducats and Alms serve as “points”.
- Earn Ducats for starting topics.
- Earn Ducats for replying to topics.
- Members who initiate topics, earn Ducats for replies to their topics.
- Earn Ducats for having your post marked as the best answer in Question & Answer forums.
- Earn Ducats for uploading files referred to as “Digital Assets”.
- The digital asset uploader earns Ducats for each file download received.
- Earn Ducats by reviewing new digital assets.
- Earn Ducats for commenting on digital assets.
- Ducats are set for each category of download based on value of the asset.
- Members can charge Ducats to other users for downloading their digital assets.
- Members can earn a commission percentage for each Ducats paid for a digital asset.
- Earn Ducats for submitting events.
- Earn Ducats for reviewing events.
- Earn Ducats by commenting on events.
- Earn Ducats for uploading images.
- Earn Ducats for reviewing images.
- Earn Ducats for commenting on images.
- Earn Ducats for leaving a review on a product.
- Members can be penalized if they receive a warning by removing X amount of Ducats based on the nature of the offense warning.
- Earn Ducats for receiving “reactions” from your content. (Note that if a user removes the reaction, the points awarded will be lost.)
- Ducats are awarded for joining a Club.
- Ducats are lost for leaving or getting kicked out of a Club.
- Ducats are awarded for creating topics in Clubs.
- Ducats are awarded for replying to topics in Clubs.
- Ducats are awarded for uploading files in Clubs.
- Ducats are awarded for uploading images.
- Ducats are awarded for uploading video files.
- Ducats are awarded for uploading audio files.
- Ducats are awarded for uploading documents.
- Ducats are awarded on a daily basis for logins at least once in that time period.
- Ducats are awarded on a weekly basis for logins at least once in that time period.
- Ducats are awarded on a monthly basis for logins at least once in that time period.
Founder Award Points
- Ducats are awarded by the Founders to members for outstanding performance or for meritorious acts.
- A member’s profile shows the amount of Ducats they have and a link to donate Alms per the rules described below.
- Members can donate their Ducat points as Alms to other members for outstanding performance, industry leadership, meritorious acts or for any other purpose.
- The minimum and maximum amount of Alms allowed for donation can be set by the Founders on a per donation basis.
- Member management is notified of all donations / who donated / who received the donation / the amount and the time & date of the donation.
Cannabis Connect Game Shop Pavilion
- Members can redeem their Ducat and Alm points for various “items” in the Game Shop Pavilion.
- Each Game Shop item has different prices and rules.
- Members can sell back their unwanted Game Shop items at a cost of a certain percentage of the items price.
- Members have a choice to buy & use their items immediately or they can buy & store them in their “My Items” inventory.
- Members can be awarded a trophy if they have accrued at least X number of points.
- Members can be awarded a trophy if they have redeemed at least X amount of items.
- Members can be awarded a trophy if they have sent more than X amount of items.
Examples of Game Shop Items:
- Mystery Box A – When opened the Member receives an award of a random number of post counts.
- Mystery Box B– When opened the Member receives an award of a random number of reputation points.
- Mystery Box C– When opened the Member receives a random number of points based on a random win percentage rate (e.g. a 70% chance of winning or a 30% chance of winning or some other percentage).
- Mystery Box D– When opened the Member receives a set win percentage rate such as 90% and a set award or number of points.
- An award which allows the Member to change their Username.
- An award which allows the Member to change their Member Title.
- An award which allows the Member to add or edit their Signature.
- An award which allows the Member to upload an avatar.
- An award which allows the Member to “steal” a random amount of reputation points from another member. A notification is then sent out to both members alerting them that Member A stole reputation points of Member B.
- An award which allows the Member to reset their Reputation Point Count back to 0 which is useful if they should get hit with lots of stolen reputation points from other members and their Reputation Point Count goes into negative status.
- An award which allows the Member to reset their warning points.
- An award which allows the Member to browse in an anonymous mode until they logout of that system “session”.
- An award which allows the Member to view a password from a password protected forum.
- An award which allows the Member to play Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock This is the Big Bang Theory’s version of the Rock, Paper, Scissors game. Users can double their points if they win, get their points back if they draw, or get nothing if they lose. The Member can also increase their bet by a selected maximum amount which is set by Member Management.
- An award which allows the Member to pin topics for a select number of days. The topic chosen will be automatically unpinned after X number of days.
- An award which allows the Member to feature a Digital Asset for a set number of days. The Digital Asset will be automatically unfeatured after X number of days.
- An award which allows the Member to upgrade their Member Tier for x number of days, months, years, or permanently. The Member will be moved back to their original Member Tier after X days, months or years unless it was a permanent upgrade award.
- An award which allows the Member to gamble to win a random trophy from Trophies & Medals Pavilion.
- An award which allows the Member to buy a trophy from Trophies & Medals Pavilion.
- An award which allows the Member to buy a medal from Trophies & Medals Pavilion.
- An award which allows the Member to guess a number between 1 and X. If they guess the correct number, then they will win their stake multiplied by a set amount set by Member Management.
- An award which allows the Member to embed a video within their profile.
- An award which allows the Member to upload an image to use as a background to their profile.
- An award which allows the Member to send a personal “sticky note”.
- An award which allows the Member to add or edit their social info.
- An award which allows the Member to receive Custom Codes / Game Codes / Vouchers / Coupons. Once a Member redeems their item they will instantly receive a Private Message (PM) with the code.
Custom Game Shop Items
- Member Management can add an unlimited number of Custom Game Shop items in the Game Shop Pavilion which are provided by Founders, Partners and Sponsors.
- Each Custom Game Shop item is manually awarded to a Member by Member Management for the Founders, Partner or Sponsor, be it a coupon code, or anything else including real dollars, prizes and gifts.
- Member Management uses a detailed audit trail to track all Custom Game Shop items showing if the item has been purchased, awarded, or not awarded.
Cannabis Connect Leaderboard Statistics
The Cannabis Connect Leaderboard displays statistics such as Member lists with the…
- Most Ducats.
- Most Ducats via their content such as the topics that they created and the reactions that they have received.
- Most rewards from redeemed items and posted content.
- Member Tiers with their aggregated points in 3D pie chart form.
- Members who bought the most items.
- Members who spent the most points.
- Members who sent the most items.
- All items bought and the amount they have sold.
- Points won using items where games of chance and gambling were involved.
- Who has won the most Ducats
- Who has bought the most items to gamble with.
- The latest Game Shop Pavilion item redeemed, the rewards involved and the Members who redeemed / won them.
- The amount of Ducats spent and won in 3D pie chart form.
- The Members Bank allows Members to store their Ducats in a bank.
- Members are charged to deposit their Ducats.
- Members are awarded interest each month on their banked Ducats.
- Members can view all their transactions.
- Member Management tracks all Members who have created a bank account
- Members will receive notifications when someone steals reputation points from them.
- Members will receive notifications if they have received a Game Shop item from someone or an item which has been generated by Member Management for them.
- Members will receive notifications if they have received a donation of Alms with the amount of Alms donated and the donor.